BECOME A SOFTBALL UMPIRE FOR HESPERIA’S ADULT SOFTBALL LEAGUE
Date: November 6, 2019
For Information Contact: Sarah Hauser
Phone: (760) 244-5488
The Hesperia Recreation & Park District is looking for people who have an interest in the sport of adult softball and would like to become an umpire. If you’ve been a player, here’s a great opportunity to be behind the plate making those calls and being paid to do it!
Certification by the Southern California Athletic Federation (SCMAF) is required by the District for officiating in its Adult Softball League. Beginners are welcomed, as well as those who have experience, but currently do not have their certification.
Hesperia Recreation & Park District will be hosting the 2020 SCMAF Clinic for umpire certification. The clinic will be held on Saturday, January 11, 2020. Attendees are responsible for paying a $20 clinic fee which includes live instruction/training by the SCMAF Umpire ‘n Chief, SCMAF Official Rulebook, testing material, and lunch.
Anyone with an interest in becoming a certified softball umpire is asked to contact the Hesperia Recreation & Park District at (760) 244-5488, ext. 123 or via e-mail at (redacted). Further details will be provided. Don’t miss your chance to be a part of the District’s team of softball officials!2020 Become a Softball Umpire News Release.pdf
🐟 🎣 HESPERIA LAKE FISHING REPORT 🎣 🐟
• Date of fishing report: 1/12/20
• Dates covered on this fishing report: 1/5/20 - 1/12/20
• Report completed by: Anthony
• Best Bait: Ultralight Heavyweight Minnows, Salmon Peach PowerBait, Garlic Chartreuse PowerBait
• Weather conditions: Nice days (approx. 57-71˚) and cold nights (approx. 40-47˚). We’ve had many clear sunny days, along with some windy days.
• Water Temperature: 54˚, Water Level: 100% normal, Clarity: Clear to about 4 feet from shore.
• Last stock (700 pounds) Trout: Thursday, 1/9/20
• Next stock (500 pounds) Trout: Thursday, 1/16/20 (Scheduled)
• Hatchery: Mt. Lassen, Lassen Peak, Ca (Trout)
• Average size: Most 1.5 – 2.5 pounds. Several caught were in the 5-7 range.
• Top Spots of the Week: Finger Cove, Drain, North Shore
⭐️⭐️CATCHES OF THE WEEK:
🎣 Jorge Poveda, from Ontario, landed a MONSTER 10.7 lb trout using an Ultralight Heavyweights Hopper Mealie at the Drain.
🎣 Ray Gonzalez, from Hesperia, landed a solid 5.2 lb trout using a White Ultralight Heavyweight Minnow at the Finger Cove.
🎣 Ramses, from Norco, pulled in a BEAUTIFUL 9.5 lb trout using a Black Ultralight Heavyweight Minnow, also at the Finger Cove.
🎣 Ralph H, from Victorville, caught himself a nice 3.5 lb trout using Salmon Peach PowerBait by the Drain.
🎣 Brian & Mani White, from Apple Valley, caught themselves a nice looking 7.11 lb CATFISH using Nightcrawlers on the Finger.
🎣 Jolie Hernandez, from Colton, pulled in her ⭐️ First Fish ever! She landed a solid Trout using Orange PowerBait by the Grassy Bank. Great job Jolie!! 🥳🐟
🎣 Allen Johnson, from Lancaster, reeled in a 7.1 lb trout using Garlic PowerBait over by the Drain.
Hesperia Lake Park
7500 Arrowhead Lake Road
Hesperia, CA 92345