Please note that due to COVID-19 orders, all park hours are currently from dawn till dusk, including the Lime Street Park Tennis/Pickleball Courts. We appreciate your understanding.
Following the orders and guidance of state and county health officials, effective March 20, 2020, the District suspended all programming and closed our facilities with the exception of District office administrative functions and Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center (meal pickup only). This includes ALL recreational programming and classes, events, facility rentals, Open Gyms, Kids Kamp, and the After School Activities Program (ASAP). Limited staff is available to answer questions and address concerns as needed; please call (760) 244-5488, contact us via the District website www.hesperiaparks.com or via email.
Outdoor parks remain open for day use; social distancing practices are encouraged for all outdoor park visitors. We recommend you take precautions if you choose to utilize outdoor play equipment to include the washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer before and after use.
We encourage anyone that may have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, either directly or indirectly through a member of your household, to seek the advice of a medical professional.
These closures are in effect from now until further notice.
This is a rapidly evolving and fluid situation; this information is subject to change. Our most up to date information, as we receive it, is posted here at https://www.hesperiaparks.com/covid-19-postponements-cancellations and will also be communicated through normal methods such as email, phone calls, and social media posts.
We understand these decisions may cause hardship for some; we appreciate your understanding as we strive to balance the needs of programming in our community with the health and safety of all who utilize our programs and facilities.
- Tennis Lessons are open!
Click Here for more information and to register online for Tennis Lessons.
- After School Activities Program (A.S.A.P.) 2020-2021 As we are still waiting to see what the new school year will look like due to the COVID-19 Virus, Hesperia Recreation and Park District is establishing an interest list for the After School Activities Program (A.S.A.P.) for the 2020/2021 school year. Opening of the A.S.A.P program will depend on how and when Hesperia Unified School District opens for the 2020/2021 school year. When the program opens, you will receive an email from the District notifying you to fill out a 2020/2021 A.S.A.P. Registration Packet. If you have multiple children, please make sure to fill out an Interest List Packet for each child. Please CLICK HERE to register for the 2020-2021 A.S.A.P. Interest List.
- Hesperia Recreation and Park District has joined over 900 groups nationwide in support of safe use of parks during the COVID-19 outbreak.
We encourage all users to follow these recommendations:
• Refrain from using parks or trails if they are exhibiting symptoms.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
• Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• While on trails, warn other users of their presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
• Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
• Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
• Consult their local and state ordinances and guidelines for the most up to date recommendations on park and trail use.
Read More Here:
- You are encouraged to monitor updates from Hesperia American Little League, Hesperia National Little League, Hesperia Youth Soccer League and American Youth Soccer Organization for schedule changes.
- Meals on Wheels at the Percy Bakker Community Center will still be serving lunch but patrons will not be able to dine at the facility. They can pick up their meals and take them home to eat.
- Rock'n Our Disabilities Foundation
Please visit their Facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/rocknourdisabilities/.
Please check back for updates on these and other programs as we receive them. We appreciate your patience and understanding and wish health and safety to you and yours.